I woke up like this : Hair Tutorial
We've all looked at the girl with the perfectly imperfect messy hair and thought.... how the hell does she do it? Is she supernaturally gifted? Was she just born a goddess? Or does she know something the rest of us don't?
Let me guess - you've already come to the conclusion that 'that girl' just isn't you. Your 'Messy Chic' looks a little more 'Grease Lightning' - and you've given up on the dream.
Well... go right ahead and call me your fairy godmother because your dream just came true! We asked Lou, our resident hair stylist at The Wedding Squad for some hairy advice.
It’s pretty simple, with the right products, the right tools and a little know-how!
Whether you have fine hair, thick hair, straight hair or wild hair, there are a few little tips and tools to have at hand to achieve that “I woke up like this” vibe. Scroll down for my step-by-step guide.
But first - my FAVE products that you'll need to achieve the look :
Okay... let's get started.
1. Grab yourself a mini comb, some sea salt spray / dry shampoo and a little finishing spray.
2. When your hair is dry lift sections of the hair and hold upwards, roughly backcomb at the roots, give each section a spritz with the dry shampoo or salt spray. Once every section is done, tip the hair upside down and run your fingers through it.
*top tip: The dry shampoo adds texture to the hair so this works on both unwashed and freshly washed hair!
3. If you want to add a little depth to the hair, use a curling wand and wrap large sections of hair around the barrel, holding for just a few seconds, alternate the direction of the hair for even more volume! (Remember, less is more! Don’t be too precise... we’re going for the effortless look.)
4. You can leave your hair down, or jhoosch it up into an untidy bun leaving a few stray pieces as you go (trust me the texture from the products makes this part easy as pie).
5. Spritz a little hairspray to hold.
6. If you need to smooth it over a little, use a pea sized amount of finishing serum.
.... Aaand there you go! No more than 10 minutes and you’re ready to rock that 'I woke up like this' look - all day, err’day!